Thursday, November 27, 2008

Its a beautiful Thanksgiving morning in Midlothian, Texas. Watching the news coverage of the Mumbai terrorists attacks remind us that we have been safe for 7 years. However, New York City and the railway system of the northeast are on high alert. While relaxing this morning I watched a re-run of Roseanne and her version of Thanksgiving. It included two male homosexuals who were about to adopt a child. Roseanne's mother had a fit, but guess what, she turned out to be a closet lesbian. Then there was a school play that showed the indians hosting the pilgrims for a holiday meal only to be slaughtered by the pilgrims. The pilgrims were also patriarchal and abusive of their wives. The indians taught them that to believe in a male god rather than in mother earth would lead to such abuse. I guess I should be thankful for such intelligent input to help me celebrate Thanksgiving.

It takes the Roseannes of the world to help me remember how thankful I should be. Our country is not perfect and our history is not holy, but without our past we would not be enjoying the present. Oh we have problems. The economy is in crisis, but even the economy would not be in nearly as much crisis were it not for 24/7 news coverage focusing on every conceivable negative they can surface. Real and not revisionist history will reveal just how different the present situation is from that of 1929. If you could choose any country of the world, where would you rather live than America.

As for me and my household, we will be thankful that we live where we live and continue to believe that our God has blessed us.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Because all members of my immediate family have extended families they needed to be with on Thanksgiving, all 27 of them will be here Saturday. I am thankful I have had two more days to dodge the horror of cleanup. But then, that would imply that I have food and dishes, therefore, I am thankful..... even for the clean up. As far as the world events are concerned, I choose to remember what my now 20 year old grandson said when he was 9 and asked by his teacher what he was thankful for. He got up to the microphone and loudly proclaimed before the whole student body that he was thankful for all his girlfriends. That gives me a very light heart and that's what I need facing the onslaught that is about to hit. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY AND MAY GOD BLESS US ALL. LINDA

Jan Kelley said...

Your last paragraph says it all perfectly and that is where i stand also. It is great to be closer to the true homeland and be able to view this one as a transition. That idea is what keeps me on the up and up. thanks for the words.

I dont watch roseanne.....ever. jk