Wednesday, October 8, 2008

turn out the lights

"Turn out the lights the party's over" and the headaches begin. The weather's beautiful.

Tomorrow Rodney Watson and I will be going to Austin at the invitation of the governor. My readers probably didn't realize that my circle of friends extends to the governor's mansion. He's paying for my stay at the Hilton, providing me with meals and entertainment. Its sorta like being an officer at AIG. The event is called "The Restoration Project". Somehow I don't think he's talking about restoration as in churches of Christ. Oh well, it should be interesting as the governor, Mike Huckabee and others will be sharing with us their vision of the future.

3 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

I am laughing out loud at the reference to the AIG boys' celebration and comparing it to your being put up at the Hilton,or where ever you said you were being "put up", I am happy for you to be able to enjoy your time with your influential old cronies. After all. this is what life is all about--who you hang with. Honestly, i hope you have an opportunity to speak to them and give them some of the wisdom you have requested and received. I think you really are a great thinker. After, Vicki, probably the best thinker i know. I feel smart just knowing that i know you and can say " Hi, Ronnie" and know that you know who i am. Enjoy yourself. Vicki doesnt always remember. jk

Linda said...

Hey kiddo. Glad to hear they finally got around to asking the experts. I don't know how you wrangled this invitation but eat alot, sink into that "feather bed" and when asked, impart some of that "Wiggins Wisdom and Intellect". We'll be waiting to read about their savvy, political insight and what kind of impression you made. Enjoy!! Linda

vicki said...

I anticipate that you will get lots of "swag". May I have a tote bag, or at least a spoon with the governor's seal, or failing that, a spoon with Paris Hilton's seal?
This really is a great opportunity, and I hope you get to speak as well as listen. Hand out your cards with the blog address on it. The peeps will be flocking!