Friday, February 6, 2009

As a footnote to my blog of yesterday, I need to point out that the idea of an earth centered universe is not a biblical doctrine, but a doctrine taught by the Greek philosopher Aristotle. Aristotle has had a great influence on Catholicism, and for that matter protestantism also. Thus Science's issue with Christianity is really an issue with Aristotle who influenced Christianity. Maybe I should also point out that the sun centered view of the universe had already been introduced in the 3rd century B.C. by a philosopher named Aristarchus. However, he was unable to support his contention with evidence and as a result his view never gained traction.

I hope some are reading these blogs and if any of the things I write produce questions or problems either respond on my blog or on my e-mail (ronnie.wiggins@ectisp.net). Since I'm not writing for publication, I'm not providing footnotes for my quotes, but if any should be interested in tracking down my quotes, I will be happy to provide that info. upon request.

No comments: