Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy new year!

My ten predictions for 2009

1. Sports gurus will not predict a Superbowl for the Cowboys in 2010.

2. The economy will begin to recover

3. Christianity will be blamed for all the bad things happening in our society

4. Snoopy Doggy Dog will lead a spiritual awakening among gangsta rappers

5. Barak Obama will have "no comment" on anything

6. Rod Bargojevich will announce that he plans to run for president on the Democratic ticket in 2012

7. The host of a late night show will plagiarize my top 10 list and claim it as his own.

8. The Maypearl Maverick will receive more hits than the Drudge Report in 2009

9. I will lose 40 lbs before December 31st 2009

10. Joe Biden will set a Guiness book record for the longest non stop talking in history.

The top ten are not in any particular order, but I am sure that oddsmakers in Vegas would bet on all 10.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

Since i have now read the words from the Maypearl Maverick, i am now ready to greet 2009 in style. I cant think of anything clever to say, other than i have enjoyed all of your posts in the past and i look forward to your 2009 posts. Also, I am so glad that you post. Happy New Year to you and to your family.

Linda said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY FAVORITE LIVING UNCLE. COME TO THINK OF IT, YOU'RE MY ONLY LIVING UNCLE!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR ANY WAY. KEEP UP THE POSTS. AS YOU ARE ONE OF THE DEEP THINKERS OF OUR TIME, YOU GIVE ME SO MUCH MORE TO THINK ABOUT THAN MY OWN LITTLE PEA BRAIN COULD EVER IMAGINE ON IT'S OWN. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH BUT YOU'RE ALSO VERY INFORMATIVE AND I NEED ALL THE INFORMATION I CAN GET. I FAILED TO EAT BLACKEYED PEAS TODAY SO I'M NOT SURE HOW GOOD MY LUCK WILL RUN THIS YEAR. GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE IT UP TO THE LORD. LOVE YA SO MUCH AND I'M PRAYING THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR TOP TEN PREDICTIONS. LOVE YA, LINDA

BT said...

I am with you thru the first 3. Just the thought of the word gangsta coming out of your mouth makes me chortle.

Good luck on number 9, I'll quit leaving you non-healthy snacks to do my part...you're welcome.

As I consider what the end of 2009 may bring, it seems that there is a great deal more uncertainty than there was at the first of 2008.

Makes me wonder....What's Next?

Lyndsey said...

And speaking of sports experts - this is the one I was talking about: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9020058/Some-leftover-Truths-for-the-New-Year